Thursday, December 26, 2013

My first post and a little information about me.


This blog is a place for me to talk about my quilting and crafting experiences.  I work from home as a long-arm quilter. I also design quilt tops, piece them and quilt for others. What I love most is to teach others to use my long-arm quilting machine to help them finish their own quilts.  I love to make clothes, bags, pillowcases and costumes.  Crafts that I like to do are cross-stitch, scrapbook, and crochet.  I like to decorate cookies and cakes, plus I love to cook.  I have three wonderful children and the most amazing husband. In my spare time you might find me camping, gardening, hiking, seeking knowledge or just soaking in some rays.

A quilt has a story to tell.  The story is told through fabric, stitching and the years it has spent keeping people warm, and there may even be writing on it.  It tells us why it was made, who it was made for, the year it was made, the name of the quilt.  It is important to share this information with others.  I am passionate about quilting.  I love to learn the history that belongs to each quilt and I desire to help you tell your quilt’s story.  I would like to help you finish those quilt tops that have been tucked away.  I will handle your quilts with love and care in our smoke free studio.

“Stitched with Friends” provides the following services:  Piecing, Free-motion and Pantograph long-arm machine quilting, Binding, and Quilting education.  If you are struggling with your quilting project we want to help you get over the hurdle.  We will gladly share techniques to get those great designs you are looking for.  Come join the fun and meet new friends!
Client agrees:
We reserve the right to take photographs for record keeping and promotional materials.  The quilt will be publicly displayed on this website or in displayed materials, unless notice is given by the client that the quilt will be a show quilt.  If the quilt is to be a show quilt, the Client shall provide notice of such beforehand and we are to be named as “Stitched with Friends” as the quilter on all forms and display materials.  If it is a show quilt the quilt will not be publicly displayed on this website or in displayed materials until after the quilt has been entered into the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment