Monday, April 14, 2014

Patchwork Posse Six Stars are Better than One Block #10

UPDATE!  This block won the week contest!
 
So I worked hard on this block.  I really learned how to get my points right.  It wasn't easy.  Lots of half square triangles.  Which I have a lot of.  So this will be great to use for.

I started with the red fabric and pulled the others together.  I only went with 4 fabrics.  I just couldn't find another pink and orange that would work with this.  I decided to put a red square in the center to help balance the whole square.  I really like this square.  I don't know if I l would like a whole quilt with these colors.  But I think a quilt using this block several time in different colors could really be fun.

I love half square triangles so I think I will use the star block a lot.


The setup of the small stars


 

















Grab button for Patchwork Posse Round Robin



Grab button for Patchwork Posse Round Robin<div class=”Patchwork-Posse” style=”width: 150px; margin: 0 auto;”>
< a href=”http://www.patchworkposse.com/2014/01/around-block-round-robin-quilt-along/” rel=”nofollow”>
< img src=”http://www.patchworkposse.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/around-the-block1.png” alt=”Patchwork Posse Round Robin” width=”150″ height=”150″ />
< /a>
< /div>

No comments:

Post a Comment