Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Quilt Retreat

Sorry I have been away the past few days, but I 
have been finishing a big project that I can't show just yet.  Plus getting
some small receiving blankets hemstitched for 
my daughter to practice on before I left on my retreat today.

We have been trying to decide who all was coming with me on the
 retreat.  We decided that my husband was coming up with my, but we ran into
 a sprinkler problem and he came into me covered in mud and said "I think you had better
head up by yourself, before you are late."  I got up here about 4:30 p.m.  Checked into my room
I am up at Snowbird in Alta, UT.  It is so beautiful up here.  Here is a picture from
my room.  Then I went and checked in with Handi Quilter.


I will spend the next 3 days taking classes from top class quilters.  Some of them you have 
heard of.  I will be taking pictures and telling you all about them each day.
I have long days ahead.  We start with breakfast at 7 and have class and 
shop hops or banquets until 10 each night.  It will be a lot to take in
I will do my best to show you all the excitement.  I got the most awesome welcome package
from Handi Quilter.  Here is a picture of everything that came in the bag.


Tonight there was a reception where we got to meet several of the other 
quilters that are taking the classes.  There are people from Canada, New Zealand, Australia, 
all over the U.S.  I have meet several people from Arizona, California,
 Massachusetts and Alabama.  To tell you the truth I was a little nervous coming by myself, but
all I had to do was start talking and asking questions about what they
quilt about.

One of my favorite educators that started me in longarming is her her name is Marie Eldredge.
She helped me pick out my longarm.  I have talked to her several time
over the years.  She is an amazing quilter.  Check out her info spot on Handi Quilter and look her
up on the web.  She is several places on YouTube and with several quilt magazines.
Here a picture of us been really nice then having fun.



Then I need to introduce you to my favorite batting company Winline Textiles.  I would not use any
 other batting.  I mostly use their 80/20.  But today I bought some bamboo to try on a
quilt for me.  She tells me that the bamboo keeps you cool in the summer
and warm in the winter.  So I'm going to give it a try.  It is
a little more expensive, but boy it feel so nice.
She has a new wool in.  She didn't have any here, but I have some on order
I have to decide what quilt I want to do this with,
because this with such a nice wool.  So much better than any wool I have ever used before.
She is such a great person to work with.  Please give her a try go check out her website!
Here's a picture of her and I.



No comments:

Post a Comment